Below you will find all (volunteer) vacancies of our organisation and partner organisations. Currently we have several vacancies open: board member for Studenten voor Morgen, a Sustainable Introduction Stunt coordinator and a Green Office coordinator.
Board member Studenten voor Morgen 2020-2021
https://www.studentenvoormorgen.nl/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/Personal-motivation-Studenten-voor-Morgen-board.pdfStudenten voor Morgen, the leading national student network for a sustainable future, is looking for a new board. Are you an enterprising team player with a passion for sustainability and higher education and are you ready for a new challenge? Become a board member of Studenten voor Morgen!
We are looking for a:
- Board member Higher Education
- Board member PR
- Board member Student Network
As a board member of Studenten voor Morgen you will be responsible for the functioning of the organisation and everything that comes with it. You will develop policy plans and carry them out. You will maintain contact with the network of Studenten van Morgen and thereby meet many students and professional partners. Studenten voor Morgen has many cool projects and regularly organises events, that you as board will lead in the right direction. Moreover, you are the spider in the web (a Dutch saying) of about 35 member organisations: you thus represent a large group of students who, like you, want to work on a sustainable future!
Who are we looking for?
- You are involved in the world of higher education (college or university);
- You are good in communicating, in both Dutch and English, and maintain relationships easily;
- You are a go-getter, a team player and have a proactive attitude;
- You have a broad interest in sustainable development;
- You are available from July 2020 for a year for at least 16 hours a week (as chair 24 hours).
What do you get in return?
- A large network of students and professionals;
- A memorable year in which you form a solid board, make new friends, get to know yourself better and get a chance to do something good for the world;
- Cooperation with enthusiastic students throughout the country;
- Both personal and professional development;
- A flexible function with a lot of freedom and space to pursue your own goals;
- An administration fee of 200 euros per month (as chair 300 euros).
Would you like to be part of the board 2020-2021 of Studenten voor Morgen? Please send your motivation and your resume to email@example.com before April 19, 2020. In the motivation you can discuss the specific function that you have in mind, but this is not a requirement. Do you have any questions, or you would like (without obligation) to have a chat with the current board? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org!
What is Studenten voor Morgen?
Studenten voor Morgen is a nationwide student network for a sustainable future. We are committed to sustainability in higher education. We do this by creating awareness among other students and also encourage college and universities to preserve. In this mission we are not alone: we join forces with our member organisations, partner organisations and volunteers.
The internal language of Studenten voor Morgen is Dutch, so you need to be able to speak, read and write in Dutch.
Sustainable Introduction Stunt (DIS) coordinator (10 hours/week) - Dutch only
The Sustainable Introduction Stunt is our yearly sustainability competition between introduction weeks. As the DIS coordinator you work on the entire project, from April 1st until October 1st.
Check out the (Dutch) vacancy here.
Green Office coordinator (10 hours/week)
Studenten voor Morgen and the Green Offices of the Netherlands are looking for a new Green Office coordinator! Are you an enthusiastic and driven student with an affinity for sustainability and communication? Are you looking for a project to do alongside your studies? In that case, we are looking for you! See below for the full vacancy and send your application to email@example.com!
What are Green Offices?
The first Green Office (GO) was established at Maastricht University in 2010, as the first student-led and staff-supported sustainability hub at a European university. What started as an experiment turned into a movement, by 2015 the Green Office Model has inspired similar student-led and staff-supported sustainability hubs at 12 universities in the Netherlands, Germany and the United Kingdom. Students and staff at universities across Europe are designing and lobbying for similar sustainability hubs.
The heart of the Green Office Movement is and remains the Netherlands, there are around fifteen Green Offices within Morgen already, and numerous GOs soon to be established. Furthermore, students and staff at other universities, universities of applied sciences and also MBO schools across the Netherlands have been inspired by the model and are taking steps to create a student-led and staff-supported sustainability hub for their own institution and community.
The Green Office Coordinator
To support our efforts, we are looking for an individual to coordinate and strengthen the Dutch Green Office movement. You will be part of our team helping to create a strong, healthy and nationally known Green Office Movement. We are looking for a student who has demonstrated leadership and initiative, is driven to realise results, passionate about sustainability and committed to making the world a better place.
- Facilitate knowledge exchange – Organise knowledge exchange sessions, assist in organisation of GO summit, assist in organisation of GO Excursion.
- Data gathering – Make overview of projects that GOs are doing, help to develop guidelines for specific projects/blueprints that come out of knowledge exchange sessions, gather contact information of people working within GOs.
- Communication – Keep social media group up-to-date, and have monthly contact with GOs.
The position is set for 10 hours per week and the GO Coordinator receives €100 volunteer compensation. The position runs for 10 months, from 1st April 2020 to the 1st of September 2020 or until 1st of September 2021.
Who we are looking for
- Fluency in English. Fluency in Dutch is a plus!
- Bachelor, Master or PhD student
- Ability to show initiative and to manage projects independently.
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm.
- Interest in working at the crossing of student engagement, sustainability and education.
The Green Office Coordinator will be a volunteer who works for Studenten voor Morgen. The coordinator’s first and direct contact with the board is the board member ‘Student Network’.
If you would like to apply, please send us an application consisting of:
- A one-page cover letter in which you please answer two questions: Why do you want to apply for this position? What can you contribute to the Green Office Movement in the Netherlands?
- One-page CV
Please send both documents in one pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are successful in the initial selection, we will invite you for a short interview. For any questions about the position or the application procedure, you can also contact email@example.com.
Editor DuurzameStudent.nl (10-16 hours/month) - Dutch only
At this moment there are no other vacancies, but you are always welcome to send an open application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our board changes yearly, so be sure to contact us if you would like to know more about the possibilities for a board year!